Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why blog?

Oh great. Another blog. Just what the world needs.

Alternately... Oh great. I write all day every day so why on earth would I want to subject myself to yet another writing task?

Well, when I write in my day job I have to use someone else's voice. I do get to exercise my opinion via them (which often makes it more powerful) but I have to change the way I say it. Be more diplomatic. Use different words. Even change the sentence structure. All with the goal of utilising their own voice, even if it's one I've made up for them.

I've actually been published in a public article once: in an article I interviewed on but didn't actually write. So that was ghosted too!

But now I can write and have the words linked directly to my name. Is that a good thing? Perhaps. And we'll see if I can get this thing off the ground. After all, there's a good chance it could have the short, painful life of so many blogs which are sown, sprout and then whither and die without bearing fruit.

Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear your voice....at last.
    If you have to change the way you talk to me in the workplace to be more "diplomatic" then you and I are never going to sit down over a glass of wine my friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete